One of the most important areas to start with is your mind and conditioning it. By doing that you will talk with more passion, be more authentic and have more confidence. It is crucial to know exactly what you want in terms of company culture as well as area to work in. If you are not sure please answer the following questions:
- What is your expertise? In which other areas do you have extensive experience?
- What are you passionate about? What can you imagine doing for the next 5-15 years on a daily basis?
- How should your boss and your colleagues treat you?
- What do you want to achieve before you retire?
- What goals do you have for your professional life for the next 5 years ?
To make the most out of your day and week you should plan them carefully as a job seeker. Being a job seeker today is a full time job and requires planning and organisation. You should divide your week into sections so you can work focussed. Here is an example:
|9-11||Gym and running||LinkedIn Management||Gym and running||LinkedIn Management||LinkedIn Management|
|11-13||Research companies and read news||Schedule Informal Meetings||Research job ads and apply||Schedule Informal Meetings||Check Emails, news and share content|
|13-14||Lunch with former colleagues||Lunch with potential employers||Lunch with friends||Lunch with potential employers||Lunch with friends|
|14-16||Add new LinkedIn contacts||Prepare for Networking events||Check Emails, news and share content||Prepare for Networking events||Check Emails and follow up on applications|
|16-18||Check Emails and follow up on applications||Check Emails and read news||Check Emails and follow up on applications||Check Emails and new jobs||Afterwork drinks|
|18-20||Networking Event||Networking Event|
You can set up your own agenda. Make sure you have all the necessary areas covered that you must take care of. Remember that this is only an example agenda and I did not put in any interviews, meetings, etc.
Action steps week 2 – Get your mindset right and keep a schedule
- Answer the questions about your goals, passion and expertise
- Create your own schedule according to the example given